Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Benvenuto!

Welcome to my brand new blog! You may have found your way here from my food blog Eat More Vegies. Or you may be a friend. Or you may have stumbled across it & decided to hang out for a while to see what happens.

This is an experiment - somewhere between a travel & a food blog. I'm not promising that it will work. I will still be posting purely about food at Eat More Vegies occasionally, but most of my effort will be focussed here (it's a convenient way to prove to my Mum that I'm still alive without racking up a massive international phone bill). Mostly I'll be using this blog to share all the photos I plan on taking. There could even be the odd story or two about my travels.

It all started a few months ago when I started to feel dissatisfied with my life & was longing for a change. I decided I may as well go for it. So, I quit my stressful job in Melbourne, packed my stuff into 13 square metres which looks like this:
and bought a ticket to visit a girlfriend in Italy.

NB. It breaks my heart to have locked my bike away like that - so disrespectful. I seek comfort by telling myself that it's only temporary.

After 4 1/2 weeks in Italy I'm heading to NZ for 3 months. Hopefully after that I'll be able to make some decisions about what to do next - including the fundamental decisions about where to live & what to do for work (I'm happy to take suggestions).

I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment