Sunday, October 2, 2011

Italia Day 31 & 32 - Milano Take 2

Here we are at the end of my 2011 Italian adventure. I spent the last 2 days of my holiday back in Milano, hanging out with my friend C. I didn't do much in those 2 days - just some of this - enjoying birre at Capetown Cafe.
And a fair bit of wandering around the shops, taking photos of monuments where I saw them - like the Porta Sempione.
I kept coming across elephant sculptures all across the city. Turns out they are part of an art project raising awareness of the Asian Elephant.
Finally I came full circle and ended up back at the Duomo.
I got so into the swing of the city of those last 2 days I even bought some ridiculously oversized sunglasses.

Grazie, bella Italia, for a wonderful, at times chaotic, sometimes magical, but always unique, vacanza. You got under my skin in a way I never expected and I will see you again soon, that's a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment