Sunday, October 2, 2011

Italia Day 30 - Arrivederci Venezia

I was leaving Venezia late in the afternoon of day 30, but had all day to wander around & see the bits I had missed.

This first building is a particularly beautiful example of one of the palaces. It's now an art gallery.
Final shot of the Grand Canal from the Ponte di Rialto.
My first stop was the Rialto Market. I couldn't get over how cheap the porcini mushrooms were - so expensive in Australia!
This spice display in a shopfront near the market caught my eye.
After the market, I battled the crowds around San Marco & made my along the Grand Canal to the Giardini. Here is the view looking back towards Venice.
This big ship was navigating out to the ocean.
Near Giardini was another cute canal.
Eventually I reached the edge of Giardini - and the edge of Venice. I sat in this park on the waterfront for ages, enjoying the quiet. There were lots of art students sitting in the garden sketching.
Also while I was sitting there, a girl wandered by, singing in perfect soprano, with her earphones in. I guess she was either a student or an opera singer practising her craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment