Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NZ Day 13 - Queenstown

We stayed in Te Anau the night we finished the Milford Tramp, but the next day headed to Queenstown pretty early. I had only had a quick glimpse so was keen to spend a little more time there exploring.

On the way, we took a trip up the road to the Remarkables Ski Area. There are some really nice views from up there.
Looking over Deer Park Heights - which was used in the Warg Battle scene from Lord of the Rings.
We were lucky to have another blue sky day.
After some lunch (check Eat More Vegies soon for my NZ food updates), the bro & I headed for the Gondola. It provided more stunning views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu.
Becoming one with the wind.
Even though the magnificent scenery from the Milford Tramp was fresh in my mind, I was still able to admire the dramatic landscape.
The chairlift transporting keen people up to the top of the Luge track.
Going back down in the Gondola was just as fun as coming up.
I was able to appreciate just how steep it was - I'll never cease to be amazed by these marvels of engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment