Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NZ Day 19 - Wellington

Last day in Wellington :-( I didn't do much today. Some shopping, some coffee, then visited Te Papa - the museum of NZ. It's a fantastic museum - reminds me a lot of Melbourne Museum with it's interactive exhibits.

I spied this sculpture from a walkway inside - as you can see from the weather, I wasn't about to venture outside to get a better photo.
The Maori exhibits are particularly good - I learnt a lot today.
But my absolute favourite exhibit was Golden Days - a junk shop that comes to life to show us 100 years of NZ history. It's awesome - really well done.
Goodbye Windy Welly. I've had an awesome time. I'm sorry that I can never live here, but your weather is too extreme for me.

And goodbye for now NZ - I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment