Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NZ Day 19 - Wellington

The weather has been pretty horrendous since I arrived in Wellington (it's even made the news - apparently that's quite an event!). So, I took full advantage of a sunny morning to go for a run.

I'm staying with friends in Miramar, so decided to head around the water away from the city, towards Shelly Bay. I can't believe this is only 8km from the city.
The (infamous?) All Blacks Hollywood sign.
After treating myself to a morning of spa treatments at East Day Spa (highly recommend it), I wandered through the city. Couldn't resist a photo of the Beehive & Parliament House.
Later in the day we went for a stroll through the Botanic Gardens. This is the Puriri Tree - which had leaves growing right out of the large branches.
The rose garden.
A couple of very cute ducks. Have I mentioned how much I love ducks before? I love ducks :-)
The Wellington Cable Car. We didn't ride it this time, preferring to walk instead.
There it goes.
The evening finished at a bar I knew I had to try as soon as I heard about it - The Library.
Don't worry, there were real books inside :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment